GIVEAWAY PROMOTE: Interview with Elodie Nowodazkij


1. Please, tell us your name, the city you are born and the books you write.
My name’s Elodie Nowodazkij. My first name is pronounced like “Melody” without the m. I was born in Senlis (in France), which used to be a so-called royal city. The story goes that Hugues Capet was nominated King in Senlis in 981 before being crowned in a nearby city. Pretty cool, no?

I write young adult books (contemporary romance and thrillers). I can’t seem to write a book without steamy kisses. My debut novel, ONE TWO THREE…, comes out on June 26th (yeeep less than 3 months!) and is a young adult contemporary romance novel.


2. How did you become a writer?
That’s a tough question. How does one become a writer? For me, I always loved reading and telling stories. My dolls used to have crazy adventures. But then, to really become a writer, I had to take the time to write. So, I get up super early…and write. I also use my commute to work to write in the train.

3. Who inspired you to write?
My parents. My teachers. My sisters. My entire family. My friends.
The writers before me.
And when it comes to the steamy kisses? My husband :-)


4. How old were you when you wrote the first book?
I was about 12 the very first time I tried writing a book. My French teacher was encouraging my writing and I had lots of ideas. I never finished this first book though. I tried again in high school…but the very first book I finished was a few years ago. It was a book about witches and curses. It’s in need of a total rewrite…

ONE, TWO, THREE…is the second book I wrote and it went through several BIG rounds of revision.
5. Your favorite books?
The ones that make me feel along with the main characters. You know, feeling that punch in the stomach when everything goes wrong or the butterflies taking over someone’s entire body as they fall in love.
I love getting lost in stories.


6. What inspired you to write ONE, TWO, THREE...?


I used to love dancing ballet as a kid, and I won a writing contest to go see the Opera de Paris. We saw the dancers train, it was magical. Those moments stayed with me.

Then, one day, I was talking about the movie Center Stage on Twitter and Natalya’s voice came into my head. At first, all I knew was that she was seventeen and an accident had killed her hope of becoming a professional ballerina…The accident turned into a car crash that also took her father’s life.

Natalya’s voice was sad and broken, but full of want.

From there on, it became her story.

0 comentarii: